When an accident involving a reindeer occurs
- Prohibit extra damages and take the reflective triangle to the road at least 100 metres from the car to warn others.
- Make sure to call 112 and give first aid to people who are injured.
- Put down the reindeer or find a person who will do it for you.
- Call 112 even if you just hit a reindeer mildly. Even if the reindeer continues, it is likely that it is hurt. Do not leave the animal to suffer.
- Move the carcass to the side of the road and mark it clearly. Do not take it with you.
- Inform your insurance company if there have been damages to persons or car.
The contacts for the local Chief of District
The reindeer herding cooperatives in a Google-map.